Intermountain Healthcare Financial Planning/Analysis (FP&A) Director in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Financial Planning/Analysis Director (FP&A Director) directs Intermountains system-wide financial planning processes (i.e. five-year plan, and financial forecasts/projections). Additionally, the FP&A Director oversees the preparation of system-wide monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date financial reports and dashboards and ensures accurate and timely financial information is provided to internal users. The FP&A Director focuses on selecting, developing, training and motivating a high performing group of financial leaders and analysts.
1) Total Entities: 24 hospitals, a health insurance company, physician medical groups, home care division, and several support divisions and companies
2) Total Revenue: $10 Billion
3) Total Assets: $16 Billion
4) This position directly reports to the Assistant Vice President, Finance.
5) This position supervises seven professionals including the following: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager and six financial analysts.
1) Oversees the following system-wide financial planning processes: annual and five-year operating financial plan, and quarterly financial forecasts/projections.
a) Directs the development, deployment and maintenance of certain system-wide financial planning, forecasting processes, applications, and templates.
b) Provides strategic direction and guidance to ensure financial planning processes are standardized and consistent with leading practices.
c) Collaborates with the Executive Vice President and CFO; Vice President, Finance; and Assistant Vice President – Finance, to establish the annual and long-range operating financial targets.
d) Partners with key stakeholders to ensure strategic plans and capital assumptions are reflected in the annual and five-year operating plans.
e) Coordinates with division CFOs and finance leaders throughout the financial planning process to ensure accuracy and consistency in assumptions and approach.
f) Partners with Finance Directors in Corporate Finance department to ensure annual chargemaster rate increases and benchmarking savings are loaded into forecasts.
g) Organizes the annual and five-year operating plan reports and presentations for the Executive Leadership Team, Finance Committee and Board of Trustees.
2) Manages the preparation of system-wide monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date financial reports and dashboards and ensures accurate and timely financial information is provided to internal users.
a) Partners with the AVP- Finance and Corporate Controller in managing the preparation of monthly and quarterly operating reports for Executive Leadership Team, Finance and Audit Committees and the Board of Trustees.
b) Manages the preparation of monthly scorecards, financial reports, and dashboards to assist front-line managers and other leaders in understanding their operations.
3) Reviews division financial reports to identify significant variances and key areas of concern and coordinates resolution of variances and concerns with management.
4) Maintains and provides system support of Strata Decision Technology software for Dynamic Planning (i.e., Rolling Forecasting and Performance Management) functions.
5) Focuses on selecting, developing, training and motivating a high performing group consisting of a Finance Manager and Financial Analysts.
6) Serves as staff support for the Vice President Finance and Assistant Vice President Finance and provides additional support to various system leaders. Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in a Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- and -
10 years of progressive professional healthcare experience, with 5 or more years of experience in directly leading and managing staff
- and -
Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze multiple data sets and understand interrelationships
- and -
Excellent leadership, facilitation, and communication skills
- and -
Detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- and -
Must be flexible and adaptable to change
Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- and -
Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- and -
See and read computer monitors and documents.
- and -
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Key Bank Tower
Salt Lake City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 38,000 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here (https://intermountainhealthcare.org/careers/?utmsource=Workday&utmmedium=Redirect&utmcampaign=CareerHomeworkday) .
Intermountain Healthcare strives to make the application process accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact 1-800-843-7820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The primary intent of this job description is to set a fair and equitable rate of pay for this classification. Only those key duties necessary for proper job evaluation and/or labor market analysis have been included. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in continuing your career with our team!