Robert Half International Division Controller in Draper, Utah
The right candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Division’s historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting and financial projections. Acts as the conscience of the Division among other things, which involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement and challenging the thinking and decisions of the entire management team. Leads senior management in compliance with company policies. Acts as the liaison between the Division and the Corporate/Region office as it relates to Accounting and Finance issues. Assists all departments with current and accurate information presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Controller has the fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating procedures and policies established
• The Controller must report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies established. All reporting will be due at the times and in the format required by Corporate
• The Controller must fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting system deployed in the operating divisions, and utilize the system to its full capabilities
• The Controller is responsible for the budgeting process and must ensure that all budgets input to the computerized accounting system reflect contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times
• The Controller is responsible for the preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by corporate management
• The Controller holds the primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of divisional information systems applications
• The responsibility for all banking activities rests with the Controller and must be executed in accordance with policies and procedures issued by Corporate
• The Controller is expected to perform in both the financial and operational segments of the business. To this end, the Controller will some of his or her time in the operational arena, including time devoted to field visits
Directly supervises two or more employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
Excel Formulas, Microsoft Excel, Homebuilding
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Draper, UT
Date Posted: September 16, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04210-0011169675
Staffing Area: Finance