Northrop Grumman Finance Manager in Brigham City, Utah
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGSS - Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Manager, Finance for our Finance/Functional Analysis Group supporting both the Promontory (Brigham) Bacchus (Magna), UT, and Clearfield, UT facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Manager leads a team of financial analysts in proposing, compiling and reviewing budgets and forecasts for organizational units using actual performance, previous budget information, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources used to control funds and provide for proper financial administration. This position works closely with Functional Leadership and Programs to establish reporting needs and parameters that will help the Functions and Program meet their business objectives. Act as a liaison for resolving issues that may arise between Programs and Functional leadership. The position is primarily located at Promontory but there is staff located in Bacchus and Clearfield. This position will support new and sustaining programs.
• Provide guidance, direction, and performance feedback directly to a group of functional analysts on moderately difficult challenges resulting in high impact to the business
• Coach, support, and motivate to ensure a strong Business Partner relationship with Functional Leadership and Program Management
• Set clear expectations and hold self and team accountable
• Interface directly as a manager and team with Program Management and Functional leadership
• Exhibit a solid knowledge of Earned Value Management and its use in business practices
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to develop recommendations based on Program and Functional needs and then work to execute to an agreed upon plan. In other words, "get work done through others" meeting business objectives
• Prepare financial plans and forecasts
• Monitors implementation of financial policies
• Prepare regular and special-purpose reports
• Maintain historical records, trends, and forecasts
• Analyzes trends and recommend corrective action when unfavorable
• Establishes personnel forecasts
• Recommends and interprets budgetary policies and procedures
• Prepares comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds
• Determines rationale for variances between costs and budget
• Develop, maintain, and control staffing profiles for Propulsion Systems and Integrated Ops
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field. MBA preferred but not required
• 10 yrs leadership experience
• Fundamental understanding of Government Accounting
• Firm understanding of Earned Value Management and Integrated Master Scheduling
• Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into key financial recommendations
• Solid interpersonal, organizational, decision making and financial skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Deltek CostPoint
• Ability to develop the skills and experience of the financial staff of approximately 7-9 individuals supporting various programs
• Be comfortable in an environment of changing deadlines and expectations
• Support multiple projects and activities at one time
• Proactive and forward thinking
• Must have well developed people leadership skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management